by Satavisa Pati
September 15, 2021
Here are some of the latest data analyst jobs
Data analyst jobs have become very popular these days. A data analyst is responsible for managing and analyzing a company’s gigantic data load. Here are some of the job postings for data analysts, data analysts and data specialists.
Data Analyst at NeilsenIQ
The Data Processing Specialist is responsible for instructing customer deliverables, coding and validating data with a focus on a specific industry / category or set of categories. As a Data Processing Specialist at Nielsen, you must create and deliver client results in a correct and timely manner. A successful data processor provides timely and quality instruction on customer deliverables, data coding and validation with a focus on a specific industry / category or set of categories. He / she should identify, investigate and coordinate the resolution of data, process or product related queries and also be the point of contact for business queries which also need to be resolved in an efficient and customer-centric manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree Any graduate, Bachelor of Science / Computer Science / Business Information Systems or IT, BBA, B.Com, or equivalent.
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work in a team and meet deadlines
- A high degree of precision, proactivity and attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and aptitude for data and business processes
- Aptitude for project management (critical path, task sequencing, problem solving, etc.)
- Common business language skills (English): fluent in speaking and writing.
Data Analyst at Flipkart
The Data Analyst is an individual contributor role where you will be responsible for tracking key metrics by creating and maintaining data pipelines and dashboards for visualization. Along with this, you will need to have a very good grasp of the different data flows and meet the data needs of the organization. This role will work across functions with other analysis groups as well as other business departments and will frequently need to work on data requests from various stakeholders.
- Collect user needs for new reports and improve existing reports. Interpret needs and design reports to meet end user expectations
- Create and maintain reporting tools and applications to meet all strategic and tactical business needs. Development and generation of dashboards for daily, weekly, monthly and all reporting needs
- Design and develop complex data queries to move and transform data from operational data sources to analytical databases
- Test all new reports / deliverables and review them periodically for quality control
- Technical capacities:
- Strong SQL experience – should be able to create complex and optimized queries
- Strong Excel experience – should be comfortable with advanced functions. Understanding macros is beneficial
- Strong logical and analytical concepts in databases, schemas, dimensional modeling
- Good to have: Basic understanding of scripting languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Good to have: Experience with BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, Datastudio, etc.)
- Good to have: working knowledge of infra data warehousing tools like Hive
- Skills / competencies required:
- Attention to detail and strong data orientation
- Ability to adapt and quickly learn new tools / techniques
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work on a wide range of requirements
- Strong rigor in the automation of repetitive tasks
Data Analyst at Plum
Plum’s Customer Success Team leverages a variety of data points to deliver an enjoyable user experience. This role is the custodian of all numbers that deliver the promised SLAs helping deliver a world-class user experience to users.
- Implement data collection and reporting systems – create and own a vertical and cross-functional data repository
- Liaise with team members and leaders of the Customer Success team to share analysis according to defined KPIs
- Interpret data, analyze results and create reports for weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews
- Understand how cross-functional teams can use data to drive business efficiency
- Develop actionable insights by identifying trends – analyze reports, raise alarms, influence change
- Own visualization and presentation of OKR data
- 2+ years of experience in a data role in an Internet, SaaS or service business
- Experience using Google Suite and MS Office tools
- Experience in managing data from applications such as Freshdesk, HubSpot, Intercom, etc.
- Ability to use mathematical / statistical models to assemble a transparent representation of trends
- Proven organization and project management in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Data Analyst at Shell
- Collects data, analyzes and reports on results. Collects data using existing formats; resolves disputes and acts as an SME, first level of escalation.
- Performs analysis to resolve relatively standardized or repetitive information and data queries / issues.
- Works under a limited variety of well-defined (not necessarily standardized) procedures and practices and is overseen by the manager on progress and results. Works autonomously within this defined perimeter, directly supporting management and specialists.
- Help stakeholders to understand analyzes / results, guides based on analysis of baseline data. Interacting with others requires influence and tactful persuasion to gain and understand the context of the information.
- Identifies gaps in current processes, systems and procedures, makes suggestions and helps improve existing methods, systems and procedures.
Data Analyst at EXL
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in applying traditional statistical and functional analysis to solve business problems
- Experience in SQL, R / python
- Good ability to manage large volumes of data independently
- Use effective visualization to convey statistics model results
- The person should also actively participate in brainstorming sessions on improvement opportunities and bring them to fruition.
- A suitable candidate should have 2-5 years of experience in a similar role and should possess a go-ahead attitude. He / She must be able to deal with ambiguity.
Main responsibilities and competences:
- Common skills: Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in SQL, R / Python
- Must be able to work on a problem independently and prepare customer-ready deliverables with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills for interacting with customers
- Process improvement skills: good knowledge of advanced Excel and Tableau, Power BI,
- Data management skills: strong ability to translate functional specifications / requirements into technical requirements
Share this article
About the Author
More info about the author